There are so many things to plan and buy for your wedding day that it can easily become overwhelming. However, it’s the small details that make your wedding truly stand out. If you want to make your big day extra special and unique, make sure you consider adding these bridal accessories to your checklist to make your dream wedding come to life.
Bridal Accessories Checklist
As a bride, you are the center of attention as you walk down the aisle. Make it your best bridal moment with these essential accessories for your big day:
- Wedding Shoes – The dress is considered by most brides as the most important piece of wedding apparel. While it’s true, your choice of wedding shoes can make or break your bridal look. Shoes are one of the most important bridal accessories. The right pair of wedding shoes will depend on the style of your wedding dress. Make sure that you wear your shoes with your dress prior to your wedding day to see if they complement each other. Also, make sure that your dress is hemmed perfectly so that you can see just enough of the shoes as you walk down the aisle.
- Bridal Jewelry – Add an extra sparkle to your bridal look with the addition of a piece of wedding jewelry. Just like the shoes, take cues from the style of your wedding dress in choosing the right jewelry to wear. In particular, look at the neckline of your dress to determine if you should wear a stud or dangling earring. The golden rule is not to overdo it. You don’t want to take the attention away from your face or your wedding dress.
- Hair Accessories – A lot of brides like to wear hair accessories on their wedding day – it is completely up to you. If you choose to wear hair accessories, make sure to choose the right accessory to match your hairstyle. There are several ideas for a hair accessory to wear too, and this can be based on the theme of your wedding and the style of your dress. For a vintage wedding, for example, you can wear a fascinator. If you have a glam wedding, you can opt for barrettes or crystal headbands.
- Jacket or Wrap – There are numerous reasons why you would want to consider wearing a shawl or a wrap. Obviously, this is a must when you are tying the knot during the colder months or you have an outdoor venue. In some cases, the use of a layering piece can elevate your bridal look. For example, a faux fur wrap is ideal for a vintage wedding dress. Meanwhile, a sheer tulle cape can create a romantic look.
Other Wedding Accessories
Aside from the bride, the addition of accessories to the rest of your bridal party and wedding preparation can take your wedding to the next level. Here are some ideas for you.
For the Groom
- Pocket watch
- Cravat or bow tie
For the Bridal Party
- Matching bridal party jewelry
- Matching shoes for the bridal party
- Wrist corsages
- Buttonholes (for the males)
- Custom baskets for the flower girls
- Custom wedding ring bags or cushion
For the Ceremony and Reception
- Wedding cake toppers
- Table jewels
- Table runners
- Escort cards
- Custom glassware
It’s up to you to incorporate as little or as many of these accessories into your big day. Try not to overdo it though. Focus on making your wedding as unique and as personalized as possible.